Photobucket

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Values that make America worth fighting for


Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has grown from a troubled youth, busted for heroin possession, into a brilliant advocate and activist for the environment. Here is the text of a recent speech at the Sierra Summit in San Francisco where Kennedy accepted the William O. Douglas Award on behalf of the Waterkeeper Alliance that he heads.

Here is a link to RFK, Jr.'s article "Crimes Against Nature."

The comparisons with another scion of a dynastical family in the USA are unavoidable. One of the two grew up, while the other just grew older.

3 comments:

Snave said...

Yours is a nice weblog! I found you through J.Marquis of "Are We There Yet?" J. and I are good friends. Come check out my site sometime at www.variousmiseries.blogspot.com !

Consider your site linked at my place!

Jim Marquis said...

Hey, Avram. Good to meet you. I have to say I have a lot of respect for Kennedy. It's great to see somebody who's willing to fight so passionately for the environment.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Keep up the good work.