Photobucket

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Why do the all scumbags find God AFTER they're convicted?


Ken Lay after conviction on fraud and tax evasion:

"Despite what happened today, I'm still a very blessed man. At my left is this beautiful lady that's my wife. I have a very warm, loving, Christian family. And, most of all I believe God, in fact, is in control and that, indeed God works all things good for all who love the lord. We love our lord, all this will work for good." (By the way, a number of print media accounts dropped the "Christian" adjective before "family" in their accounts - listen to an unedited audio if you can find it).

This is not a good man. This is a man who stole millions of dollars from stockholders and employees, who bilked millions of energy consumers in California. And, of course, this is a man who got a sleepover at the White House, secret energy policy planning sessions with Herr Cheney (we can only assume he was one of the attendees). And now this callow creep tells us what a good Christian he is! Just like Tom Delay.

So tell me, is this how you do business in Texas? Commit evil, and then invoke Jesus Christ when you get caught?

No comments: