Photobucket

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Why I don't darken Wal-Mart's door

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


In addition to the fact that the overall ambience is one of low rent consumerism hell, there are a number of salient reasons why I boycott this Mesphisto of retailers (and I may soon have one within jogging distance of my home - lucky me);


1) The 'everyday low prices' superchain refuses to carry books and music that dare criticize conservative values.
2) The true costs behind those “everyday low prices.”
3) Wal-Mart's environmental impact.

The good news is that there are a lot of people who are mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore:
Wal-Mart Watch
WakeUpWalMart

Support the new movie by Robert Greenwald coming out this November (just in time for the holiday shopping rush). You can even sign up for a screening at your house!

No comments: